From the category: St Margaret's Church
Previous
Next

Interior views of Abbotsley Church

The first two photos show the interior of the church in 1920/30s with tiles on the wall by the altar, while the third shows the same view in 1987.

The fourth is a photocopy of a print, by kind permission of Balliol College Oxford, showing the Rood Screen at the bell tower.

The other 2 photos show the altar, with tiles in one photo and not the other. Also the front of the altar is different. The altar frontal in the second photo was donated in memory of Hywel Cullup by the family. He drowned in 1929. The photo was taken in 1987.

David Staughton suggested that the second photo must have been taken at the Flower Festival because of the flowers on the altar. You can also see the Acolite candlesticks made by Ken Brown and donated in 1985 by the Abbotsley Society.  

The final photo shows the main part of the church at a later date.