From the category: School
Previous
Next

Abbotsley School now the Village Hall

Abbotsley School was built in 1844, the land being donated by the Pym family. When the school finally closed in 1962?, the Pym family, who owned the larger part of the building, decided to donate it to the village and the smaller part belonging to the Church was purchased with some money already collected for this eventuality. Since then the building has been used as the Village Hall.